I don't have a picture of him by himself, but we found Tripp sitting on one of the couch pillows, staring at the presents. It was quite comical.
Baby Girl was a big fan of the bows.
Tripp was a little more into taking a sibling picture than Camille was.
Everybody crawl on "Uncle Mac"!
They really love my brother.
The birthday chair!
Our cake
Pepere and Camille
Tripp was ready to open some gifts. Camille didn't care if he helped. We'll see how that changes as they get older.
Checking out her first baby doll.
Camille's smash cake. Getting the cake and smash cake I wanted was quite the ordeal. They both ended up turning out perfect, but after sending my brother and Becca to the store with specific instructions and a picture, we weren't sure what we were going to get. No fault of theirs, they did prefect when explaining what I wanted, but the first lady at the bakery was new and messed up our first order. Thank goodness they hadn't made it yet and my sweet brother went back to double check on the order the next day (he was very concerned the first lady wasn't getting it) because we did end up needing to clarify a few things (with a more experienced baker). The whole process was way more complicated than it should have been, but we got it straightened out and the cakes were pretty and very yummy! Another bonus was that they only charged us $17 for the big cake and gave us the smash cake for free. I figured we would pay around $30, but $17 was a nice surprise. I'm sure they gave a us a deal after causing some confusion with our order. The original price we were quoted was $80 for the cake and $22 for the smash cake. Yep, $80 + 22...that's $102! There was no way I was paying that much for birthday cakes, one of which would be destroyed in a matter of minutes.
Memere, Pepere, and Camille
She was not sure about the whole smash cake deal at first.
Then she decided to dive in and had some fun!
We were able to get a video of her eating the cake, but I always seem to have trouble uploading videos to the blog. She liked it, but it was also getting close to her bedtime and she decided she was done shortly after taking a few bites.
Happy Birthday Sweet Cami Girl! Everybody loved celebrating you!
No comments:
Post a Comment