Thursday, January 26, 2012

Another Stinky Story

This REALLY happened:  Last night, after I finished bathing Tripp, I sat watching him play in the tub and thought to myself, "I'm so lucky.  Tripp is 19 months old and he's NEVER pooped in the tub...NOT ONCE.  I know it's a rite of passage for most Mommas, but hopefully Tripp will spare me that lovely experience."  A few minutes later, as if he read my mind, I look down and WHAT is floating in the water?!?!  Oh yes...you guessed it...TRIPP'S POOP!  I almost laughed out loud, but then semi-panicked when I realized I needed to quickly grab him out of the water because he was reaching for it.  Seriously, he never messes with it in his diaper, but floating there in the water, it looked like the coolest thing he had ever seen!  (What is it with this child and POOP stories lately?!?)  I must have looked like a crazy person as I scooped him up and ran him to another tub to give him yet another bath.  I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that moment...just to see my face.  And don't worry, I disinfected the entire tub as soon as I put Tripp to bed.  That boy certainly keeps me on my toes!     

1 comment:

  1. Well I have to laugh as I read this because Lyla pooped in the tub tonight, but sadly for us that was not the first, second, or even the third time. Yes, she is in fact a seasoned professional....:)

    ReplyDelete